The Company is committed to participate in preserving nature and the environment by striving to conduct
business activities that are environmentally friendly and wise. All of the Company’s operational activities have complied with applicable laws and regulations. Moreover, the Company has permits and documents required in conducting its business activities, such as recommendations for Environmental Management Efforts, Environmental Impact Assessment report, and Environmental Management & Monitoring Plan.
Some of the efforts carried out by the Company as a form of responsibility in preserving nature and the environment are:
1. The application of energy efficiency in a sustainable manner.
2. The application of 3R system, namely Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. In implementing this system, the Company seeks to reduce the use of plastic, starting with the Company’s work environment.
3. Reduction and utilization of Hazardous & Toxic Waste and non-Hazardous & Toxic Waste.
4. Significant reduction in emissions from efforts to replace diesel-fueled engines to gas-fueled engines.
5. Biodiversity management through the preservation of animals that exist in operational locations.
6. Management of mangrove forest conservation. The Company’s subsidiary, MP, through PT AI as the tenant of the facility, also applies Occupational & Health & Safety (OHSE) activities to assess environmental impacts in accordance with applicable environmental regulations based on a series of indicators, such as water quality, air quality, waste and hydrocarbon management.
In 2019, the Company did not receive any complaints related to environmental problems. The Company is committed to providing prompt responses regarding complaints on environmental issues. All complaints in regards to environmental issues will be followed up through the handling mechanisms determined by the Company.